The conflicting historical narratives on the development of relations between Russia and the West since the end of the Soviet Union and, in particular, the narratives on the crisis in and around Ukraine are key factors in improving relations in the short and medium term and returning to a rule-based security architecture in Europe.
July – December 2019
inmedio – runs mediation and dialogue projects in various countries in Asia, Africa and the post-Soviet region in cooperation with our local partners.
The Institute of Law and Public Policy – is a Russian autonomous non-profit organization, one of the leading independent legal centers, since 1993 engaged in research, publishing and educational activities in the field of studying and evaluating constitutional processes in Russia and in the world.
The project envisages building of the standing dialogue civil society platform “Women’s Initiatives for the Peace in Donbas(s) – WIPD”
- Phase I: July 2016 – December 2017
- Phase II: April 2018 – March 2020
Partner: OWEN – Mobile Academy of Gender Democracy and Peacebuilding (Berlin, Germany).
- the project is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office since 2016.
- in 2017 the project was partly supported by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden.
- in 2018 the project’s educational component was supported by the Clingendael – the Netherlands Institute of International Relations.
The project is aimed at connecting country-specific issues to the 20th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security in 2020, as well as scrutinizing the roles of women in peace and security in Georgia and Ukraine.
Project term: 1 February – 31 December 2019
Supporter: the German Federal Foreign Office .