Centre of Public Initiatives “Ideas for Change” (IfC) was founded in November 2015 but started its active project work from January 2017.
The IfC’s founders have a considerable experience in civil sector as well as in the think-tanks, international organisations and public institutions.
The need for an institution, that would give its participants the opportunity to realize the ideas and projects focused on promotion of social and political changes in Ukraine on the grounds of public policy, European values as well as innovative and creative approaches became an impulse for laughing the centre of Public Initiatives “Ideas for Change”.
The organisation aims to work in the innovative format “think & act & change tank”.
Transformation of the Ukrainian society from the survival values to self-expression values at the national level as well as at the level of local communities
- conflict transformation and regulation;
- the foreign policy of Ukraine;
- information policy;
- governmental decisions;
- development of public policies;
- support for the implementation of the reforms;
- sustainable development of the local communities;
- cultural diplomacy;
- gender equality;
- support of the leaders of change.
The organization implements mostly dialogue and peacebuilding projects, aimed at the conflict regulation in Donbas, i.e. confidence building among the representatives of different regions and communities, identifying the potential actors for peaceful development in the region and enhancing the women’s potential according to the SC UN Resolution #1325 “Women, peace, and security”.
Membership in professional associations, organizations, and platforms
- CivilMPlus, a European CS platform, which aim is the development of the common strategy of the civil society regarding the regulation of the conflict in Donbas;
- Women’s Initiatives for the Peace in Donbas(s), which brings together women from Ukraine, including IDP and women from uncontrolled territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, Russian activists, Ukrainian refugees in Russia and representatives of the international community);
- The regional anti-corruption platform of Ukraine, that unites the civil society activists and journalist at the local level, who aims to combat corruption at the local communities in Ukraine.